PALO ALTO, Calif., Jan. 31, 2012 /PRNewswire/ — Xatori Inc., creators of PlugShare, the nation’s largest electric vehicle charging network, today introduces its second product, GreenCharge. The iOS application allows users to view real time battery data and to share the environmental and monetary benefits of owning an electric vehicle. GreenCharge is available for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch devices for $9.99 – the average cost of charging an electric car for a week. The app can be downloaded at the following link: http://itunes.apple.com/app/greencharge/id480215136
GreenCharge is a must-have utility for electric vehicle owners and those considering one. The app provides real time charging information by syncing directly with a compatible electric vehicle such as a Nissan LEAF or Chevy Volt. In addition, GreenCharge is the first and only app to connect driving data with local energy pricing to give personalized data about the cost of operating an electric car. EV owners can also see the environmental impact of driving in terms of carbon offset. By providing this information, GreenCharge empowers EV owners and enthusiasts alike to better understand and communicate the advantages of electric vehicles.
With the GreenCharge app, users can:
- Seamlessly sync data from their Nissan LEAF or Chevrolet Volt
- Test out a demonstration vehicle to simulate driving and cost information if considering purchasing an EV
- Get real time charging, battery, and range information for their electric vehicles
- See their daily, weekly, and monthly driving broken down by mileage and price
- Share their daily, weekly, and monthly driving information on Twitter and Facebook, or via email
- See how many pounds of CO2 emissions they have offset by driving an electric vehicle instead of a gasoline vehicle
- Compare savings from their electric vehicle to a traditional gasoline vehicle
“I’ve talked to too many people who have been confused about the benefits and operating costs of an electric vehicle,” said Forrest North, CEO of Xatori Inc. “We built GreenCharge to let EV owners understand their cars and educate others on the true environmental and monetary benefits of driving an electric vehicle.”
For more information please visit the website at www.greenchargeapp.com.